CRYPTOCHICKS TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION IN
CryptoChicks (‘CC) the (‘Organizer’) is hosting a hackathon competition regarding the
development of ideas relating to blockchain technology. These Terms apply in relation to your
entry to the Hackathon (‘Entry’).
1. These general conditions for participants of the CryptoChicks Hackathon
(‘CCH) 2019, are applicable to all legal relationships in connection with the Hackathon (the
‘Hackathon’). A participant of the Hackathon (‘Participant’) is obliged to agree with a signed
copy of the Participants Terms and Conditions.
2. The Hackathon begins on May 31, 2019, and ends on June 2, 2019.
3. The Hackathon is challenging participants to innovate by using blockchain technology.
4. The CCH “Website” is https://bahamas.cryptochicks.ca
5. The Hackathon will last 3 days. The Hackathon is a closed meeting. No other persons
or Organizations many join or visit the Hackathon unless the Organizer explicitly gives
permission thereto. CryptoChicks Conference will be running at the same time and same
location. Tickets are available for purchase for the conference part.
Hackathon participants get free access to the conference, but not to VIP Dinner.
6. The Hackathon is open to individuals under 25 years old (i) who are registered, and (ii) who
are invited by the Organizer to participate in the Hackathon. Invitation by CCH is subject to the
full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in the
Hackathon constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of and
continued compliance with the Terms. The term “you” refers to you, the “Participant”.
Determination of eligibility and compliance is at the sole discretion of the Organizer. The
Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any Entry if the Entry or a Participant or a Participant’s
team does not comply with these Terms.
7. The Organizer reserves the right to require participants to prove that they are eligible. If
any of the winners is found to be ineligible, the Organizer reserves the right to award the prize to
another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
8. If the participants participate as a team they agree that, in order for a team to be eligible
to participate, all team members must be eligible. In addition, they agree that if the team is
selected to receive prizes, the team is responsible for ensuring that the prizes will be
appropriately distributed to each member of the team. The eligibility of a participant is tied to the
eligibility of the team. If one member of a team is disqualified or found to be ineligible, the team
as a whole may be disqualified, in the Organizer’s sole discretion.
9. You can participate either as part of a team or on an individual basis. Switching teams or
participate in multiple teams is not allowed. CCH is not responsible for, and will not assist in
resolving, any disputes between team members.
10. To participate, you must attend in person at Windsor School, Albany, The Bahamas from August 23 to 25, 2019. You must make your own travel and
accommodation arrangements and cover all associated costs and expenses. In no event, in
particular, in case of disqualification, will CCH reimburse any such costs. You, as a Participant,
will be required to create and present to judges, proof of concept using blockchain driven
concepts. A team may only submit one entry. Individual Participants may only submit one entry.
Each Participant must supply his/her own laptop and all other materials to participate.
11. The Organizer may, at its sole discretion, establish further rules regarding the procedure
of the Hackathon which will be delivered to you electronically. The Participants (individually and
as team members) warrant to comply with these rules. Non-compliance with said rules – as well
as these terms - may lead to a disqualification of the Participant or the team.
12. The Competition commences on August 23, 2019. To take part in the Competition the
participants must register online by 18:00 EST on the closing date of August 15, 2019.
Participants that participate as a team agree that all team members must register online
individually by the aforementioned deadline. Details of how to register can be found on the
13. The CCH will only accept a limited number of eligible participants and CCH may close
registration at any time, especially and not limited to in case of overbooking. The Organizer
reserves the right to refuse entry, or remove and disqualify a participant from the Competition at
their sole discretion at any time for any reason.
14. All intellectual property rights in the applications developed by a participant shall remain
vested in the participant who owns them. Any third party intellectual property rights shall remain
vested in the third party or third parties who own them. The Participants acknowledge that many
applications shall be developed during this Competition and that such applications may be
similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to others developed in this
Competition. The Participants acknowledge and agree that the Organizers do not have now, nor
shall they have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or
otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright or other intellectual
property right in or to the Participants’ application.
15. The participants represent and warrant that (i) the application is their original, work and
is developed and for the first time presented by them during this Competition, (ii) the application
does not violate or infringe the intellectual property, proprietary or other rights of any third party,
(iii) third-party intellectual property rights are clearly identified by the participants as well as the
applicable terms of license and other details relating to use of same (iv) they possess and
control all rights necessary to submit the application irrevocably and without restriction to CCH,
and (v) that publication of the application via various media including web posting, will not
infringe on the rights of any third party.
18. The winners are personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses incurred
in claiming or using the prizes. The payment of prizes will be made without any deduction for or
on account of any taxes or levies.
19. The prizes are as stated. There is no other alternative to the prize in whole or in part.
20. The winners of the Competition will be announced on August 25, 2019, before 8 pm. The
cash prizes will be delivered to the winners via bank transfer within sixty (60) business days of
the valid identification and valid banking details submission by the winners unless otherwise
indicated by the CCH.
21. The participants shall be responsible for ensuring that the contact details associated with
their entries are up to date and accurate so they can be contacted if they win. If the Organizers
or their authorized agents are not able to contact the winners, 10 working days after the first
attempted notification, alternative winners may be chosen by the judges and the original winners
entitlement will lapse.
22. The Organizers have no obligation to use, invest in or buy the applications developed in
this Competition or otherwise contract with the participants.
23. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, CC, (their subsidiary and related
companies, together with their officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives
exclude all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or any damage
(including loss of opportunity-profit) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in
any way out of or in connection with the Competition, including, but not limited to:
- any technical difficulties, technical error or equipment malfunction, hardware or
software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections (whether or not under
- any error, omission, interruption, deletion, delay, defect, theft, unauthorized access or
third party interference;
- any entry, prize claim or other correspondence that is late, lost, altered, damaged,
incomplete, illegible or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Organizers
due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organizers;
- any tax liability incurred by a winner or participant; or
24. CCH and/ or any third parties acting on their behalf (data processors) shall process
participants/ winners data for the purposes of this Competition, the declaration of the winners
and the organization and delivery of their prize. These personal data shall not be transferred to
any third party (apart from the data processors). Each participant is entitled to request access to
or deletion of his/ her data from the relevant database held for the purposes of this Competition,
by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
25. By registering for and participating in the Competition the participants:
- agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions. Promotional materials relating to the
Competition, including all information on how to enter the Competition, also form part of these
Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such
promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take
- agree to release and hold CC, their subsidiary and related companies, together with their
respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives, and all third parties
associated with the Competition (Including but not limited to Partners, Supporters, Media
Partners, Enablers) harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of
any kind in connection with participating in the Competition, with the developed applications or
resulting from the acceptance or use of any of the prizes;
- agree that the decision of the judges selected by the Organizers is final and binding in relation
to any prizes that may be awarded;
- consent and agree that their name, resume, image, likeness, photographs, video, recordings,
statements, biographical information and description/details/screenshots and demonstration
videos of their applications may be used by CC for advertising and promotional purposes,
including without limitation inclusion on their websites, in promotional material, newsletters and
in any publicity accompanying or resulting from the Competition including but not limited to any
press, blogs or articles on social media without further reference, payment or other
compensation. The list of prizes and winners’ names will be available on the Website;
- agree not to use or promote offensive, obscene, libelous, defamatory, unlawfully threatening,
or unlawfully harassing or (any) other illegal material in their entries and applications;
- agree that their participation in the Competition will not breach any duty of confidentiality or
contractual rights owed to any third party and that with their participation they do not violate any
law, contract, or regulation;
- you may be disqualified if CCH has reason to believe, in the Organizer’s sole discretion, that
your application (a) contains an element that is malicious, corrupt, damaged, incomplete,
mobile application or any other platform used in connections with your application; (c) infringes
any third party intellectual property rights; (d) violates any applicable law; or (e) violates or does
not comply with any section of this Participation Agreement.
- you and/or your entire team may be disqualified for any of the following actions,with or without
warning, in the Organizer’s sole discretion: (i) verbal abuse of another participant or CCH staff;
(ii) inappropriate contact with another participant or CCH staff; (iii) breach of the CCH
Participant Agreement or any other agreement entered into in connection with the CCH; (iv)
violation of or non-compliance with any section of this Participation Agreement or (v) violating
the spirit of the CCH.
- if the Organizer has reason to believe that you or your team has compromised the integrity or
the legitimate operation of this of this Hackathon, or has attempted to compromise the integrity
or the legitimate operation of this Hackathon, including, without limitation, by cheating, hacking,
creating a malicious bot or other automated program, or by committing fraud in any way, your
team will be disqualified and ask to leave the premises.
- If during the Hackathon, any CCH staff has reason to believe your health is in danger, you may
be required to discontinue your participation in the Hackathon and asked to seek immediate
medical assistance. Your teammates, if any, may continue participating in the Hackathon if they
so choose. All disqualification decisions are final and not subject to appeal.
- Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and
expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity,
nationality, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following,
photography or audio/video recording against reasonable consent, sustained disruption of talks
or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants
asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
26. The Organizers reserve the right to suspend, change or cancel the Competition at any
time as they may determine in their sole discretion and do not accept any responsibility for any
damage, loss or expense arising thereof.
27. The Organizers reserve the right in their sole discretion to amend these Τerms and
Conditions at any time by posting an updated version on the Website www.CCHackathon.com
28. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ontario. The courts of
Ontario shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with
the Competition or these Terms and Conditions.